Sinclairsholm is an old estate where
it currently operates agriculture and
forestry, as well as Christmas tree
production. The area is
approximately 950 ha consisting of
300 ha of cultivated land, 600 ha of
productive forest, 16 ha Christmas
trees and 34 ha other.
In 2004 started the wear part
business Sinclairsholm Machine,
which offers top quality wear parts
mainly to farmers directly.
The development has been and is
very positive. Sinclairsholm is
currently 50% owned by Johan &
Inger Barnekow and the other 50%
by Johannes Barnekow.
Along the Alma river in Göinge (north
-east Scania), in parish of Gumlösa
and in Hässleholm municipality lies
the estate of Sinclairsholm.
Through three exchanges and buys
1613, 1614 and in 1620 acquired the
county clerk at Landskrona castle the
Danish National counsellor and knight
Anders Sinclair Gumlösa, Sörby,
Norra Sandby and half of Kviinge
parish and created then a property
given the name Sinclairsholm.
In 1643, the estate was sold to Joakim Beck of Torup, but he then had to sell it after seven years, ruined by the many industrial facilities he founded in Scania. New owner became Jörgen Marsvin of Restrup, but the same sold when Scania became Swedish to the County Governor of Kristianstad and Blekinge county Håkan Skytte in 1667.
Within the Skytte family the estate was owned until 1823 when it was sold to Baron Fredrik Gyllenkrook and today's owner Johan Barnekow is the sixth generation and together with his son Johannes Barnekow who is the seventh generation.
The estate built by Sinclair was destroyed during the Danish War 1709-10 when General Reventlow had his headquarters at the estate for a while.
Major Karl Henrik Skytte had a new main building created in 1734 on the old foundation and with two separate wings. It is that house Carl Linnaeus describes on his journey in Scania 1749. The main building was hit by a fire in 1788 and was rebuilt by timber donated by king Gustav III from the crown forests in northern Scania. The new main building became a timbered one-story house with rendering and with a curb roof. In 1820 a front gable was added and in the 1860s the house was rebuilt in French chateau style. In 1956 Carl Barnekow rebuilt the house after the original drawings but retained the French roof. The economy buildings that exist today are from the 1860s.
Long before the time of Anders
Sinclair had gentlemen lived in the
friendly river valley of Alma. Even
further back in time glimpses the
figure of a man, Trugot Ketilson, as
by his deed appears to be one of the
great men of his time.
He was him that at the end of the
12th century let build the remarkable
The oldest dated brick building in the
Nordic countries and that today still
looks the same as when it was
inaugurated in 1192.
Guided tours for the public have
been held at Sinclairsholm for
over 30 years by Johan Barnekow.
According to tradition, May 1st, at 15h
Open Café in the Stenhuset 13h-17h
Guided tours of private groups at
other times of the year can be booked
directly with Johan Barnekow
tel. +46 451 390 831